Monday, January 14, 2008

More rumoured sackings... and some rehirings...

I had a two week break over the new year period as I wanted to relax and enjoy the festive season... I hope everyone had an awesome time... In that time I got my brown envelope, but I have no idea what to do with it...

I have heard two interesting things over the last few days... The bad news first... I received an email from a very reliable source that the meeting the IAMs had all day on Friday was an information session... The information was that they were losing their jobs... They have been asked to go quietly after receiving 1 months pay and a flight ticket home... There are no management jobs for gaijin left under the new GComm regime... I haven't spoken to my AAM yet, but I will endeavour to do so and find out what's going on... If anyone else speaks to their AAM let us know...

The other thing was that some B option people have got their jobs back... I have met a couple that have been coming into the branches and getting their jobs back, so not everyone got fired... I was absolutely shocked to see them... But that's some mildly positive news... Are there any B Option people reading this? Did any of you get your jobs back?

The third thing that I have recently heard a rumor about was teachers in branches that are overstaffed were going to have to go on standby from yesterday... I haven't heard about any of that happening in this area, particularly because we have just had a new branch open up and possibly another one scheduled for next week, all the instructors around here will be required... If this has happened in anyone's area, please let everyone know...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is what I know for a fact....

While some people who were on stand by are being hired back, some other people whose contracts are up soon are not being renewed. So people who haven't worked are getting hired back but some of those who have been working for over a month are losing their jobs.

Also I believe effective yesterday quite a few teachers were put on "Permenant Standby". Which means they will get paid 60% of their salary, until of course the next phone call comes to fire them.

It seems G Comm wants 1 teacher for every 40 students. Which is crazy for some of the schools that already have a couple hundred students or more.

I figure the students will start not being able to reserve classes within a few days.

Looks like the new Nova is the same as the old Nova.

Anonymous said...

Fackin NOVA din't give my fackin tax info to my fackin ward office so now I gotta pay sum fackin extra taxes because they are shite-headed muthafookers!!!! stoopid muthafookin NOVA shites!!!!!!!