Thursday, February 21, 2008

Paperwork for unpaid NOVA wages coming in...

Hey all... I am sure those of you in Japan may have heard but those of you far away might not have...

Some people (not me. of course) have received the final pieces of paperwork needed to claim past pay... I am not sure, but have been led to believe that the paperwork includes all the information on what to do regarding applying for it... I am hearing once everything is done, it will be a month until we see money in accounts, but I think that is a very optimistic number... If it's true, March will end with a big bang for all of us...

There are detailed instructions for those O/S and they have things like the leaving the country tax business and all that (if you are not resident in Japan, your income tax jumps to about 20%)... For people who worked to the end of business (October 26) it appears you will get 80% of all of September and October up to the 26th... The October period is causing confusion, so I will have to wait until I can verify what it will be...

I hope you all get your paperwork in a quick fashion... I can't emphasize enough, that if you have moved, you need to tell the trustees that you have and give them your new info... Don't let your chance slip...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you want to start getting prepared but haven't gotten your packet yet you'll need copies of your gaijin card (front and back) or passport (personal information and current status) and bank book (page that shows your name etc),
Those filing from overseas need the same documents and also have an extra form to fill out.

Unknown said...

Hey Anon... Thanks for that... Hope everyone is reading and paying attention... I am taking my stuff into work tomorrow to copy and include what I need...