Thursday, November 15, 2007

The waiting game...

I have come back from the meeting at Head Office and now sit at home waiting for the news... Will it be good or bad? I have signed all the documents, I left the old NOVA and asked GComm to hire me.. They promised they would. There seemed to be a gap in the information. They said that if the company hired us and there was no school to go to in our area, then we would get paid at 100% of our salary... This seemed too good to be true... Well it both is and isn't, it is because we weren't hired yet on that first day... We have to wait for phone calls, so in the meantime, we are being hired by (old)NOVA, so we get paid 60% of our salary for the waiting time... (the government will only backpay us for 80% of this effectively making t 48% we are eligible for...) It isn't too good to be true in that once (old)NOVA declares bankruptcy, we will all automatically be hired by GComm and get paid the waiting time at 100%...

So now, as always recently, its just a matter of time to wait and see when we get the calls, and when (old)NOVA declares bankruptcy so we can try and get backpay...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great blog, very informative. Could you please change to black on white as white on black is hard to read. Keep up the good work! I'm due to go back to work next Wednesday the 28th and I'm expecting a similar experience.

Big Man in Japan said...

Hey Bakajiji... Thanks for coming by and commenting... I thought the white background would be too bright for most people... I will post tomorrow and ask for opinions, if anyone has any other input, I will consider that too...