Sunday, December 2, 2007

2 updates in a day...

Sorry I haven't updated for a couple of days... I have been a touch busy... I can afford to just a little bit now as the advance came through...

We started working on Thursday November 22, filled in the paperwork then, the AAM took it in the next morning. Friday November 23 was a national holiday and then we had the weekend. So the process probably didn't start until Monday the 26th... We ended up getting the 50000 yen on Thursday November 29. A little later than expected, but we got it... This gives me a bit of confidence in the new company, as with the old company, we would never have seen that money...

Schedules have also become a little confusing in the branch as our branch and the neighboring one are both closed on Monday... So some instructors are doing self swaps, some are changing days off, some are taking unpaid days off for the Mondays... Help shifts don't look to be an option as for now, so few branches are open that there is no realistic place to do the help shifts...

Lessons in the branch started yesterday but as I was off, I am not sure how it all went... I wonder if anyone else has started lessons yet... If anyone has, please leave a comment and let me know how it's going...


2 comments:

paulzdeli said...

We started offering lessons on Friday and now have around 40 students. We had 6 lessons (students took 2 lessons each and there was one lesson with 2 students) and a level check. I'm seeing a few students from my old school(s) coming in.

Big Man in Japan said...

Nice one Paul... Yeah, I am back in the branch tomorrow, and will post either tomorrow night or Wednesday morning about it...