Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The time has arrived, or at least the paperwork...

So, I received my Rishokuhyo or notice of termination effective on November 30th, yesterday... Even though I have been working for the new company since November 22nd, it still says that I am dismissed from the old NOVA effective on November 30th... That's OK I have been reassured that it becomes effective on the day I started work with GComm...

The pack came in an envelope naming NOVA as the bankrupt company and inside there were about 5 pieces of paper... the main one is the release or dismissal form, and after thet there is a 4 page booklet about finding work at HelloWork for those that are yet to get a job or are looking for work other than NOVA... I haven't yet gone to the effort of reading these documents carefully, so I am not sure if they include the process of applying for past salaries in them... If anyone else has read them, please post a comment and let me know if something like that is included... Otherwise, please let us know what we have to do if you have any information...

Well, just a short one today, hopefully tomorrow, I'll have more to write, as I will have been at the branch and tomorrow is slated to be payday! I hope it's on time this time... I have forgotten what it's like to be paid...

8 comments:

paulzdeli said...

Please note that your notice of dismissal 解雇通知書 (kaikotsuuchisho) is not a 離職票 (rishokuhyou). The rishokuhyou is a green A3-size paper. Was it in your envelope? It wasn't in mine, which I received last week.

Big Man in Japan said...

Thanks again Paul... I didn't know that... I thought the one we got was the right one... No, I got the kaikotsuuchisho only... Any idea when the rishokuhyo will come or how long it will take?

paulzdeli said...

Good question. It was said at the meeting on Nov.10 that people who requested the rishokuhyo will receive theirs first. For those who haven't been called back (or only recently have been called), not getting the rishokuhyo is a double stab in the back. Think about it: you don't know if you have a job and you can't start the process of claiming unemployment. You can't blame the receiver. As far as they know, G-Comm will fulfill its promise of employment for all.

Anonymous said...

I signed up for "option B" (i.e. get 150,000 yen now and then start from Jan10th) and was told the money would be deposited into my bank a/c "definitely by December 5th" (gcomm's payday)...but guess what ? Nada, not a penny, nothing !
Has anyone on option B been paid yet ?

Anonymous said...

Latest news I heard is that no one was paid today (even those who are working). Apparently "option" A people will get paid tomorrow, but those on option B will have to wait till (at the earliest) Friday, but probably next week.
Oh oh...

paulzdeli said...

Yeah, I asked the caller from Foreign Personnel about
a) the 50,000 yen salary advance
b) the Option B payout

The caller responded that the salary advance was going to be paid on Monday. The caller wasn't sure but said it was likely that the Option B payout would be on Monday as well.

Anonymous said...

I called Foreign Personnel this evening and they said that for people on Option A, the salary for "work done in November" would be paid tomorrow and that the ¥50000 advance on January's pay would be paid on "either Friday or Monday". The person I spoke with said that the reason was that Katakana names associated with their bank accounts that people who with signed up with G.Education gave didn't match up with the actual names registered with their banks. As a result, the forms that had been submitted to G.Education were sent back to the Nova head office to be "rechecked".

Unknown said...

It seems I'm on the right track, I hope I can do well. The result was something I did and was doing to implement it.
www.clickjogosclick.com