Thursday, December 13, 2007

I apologize for the 4 day absence...

Glad to hear that a lot of you have been receiving your money... Are there any people that are still waiting on money from the G-Unit?

So I show up at work yesterday and my staff come running up to me... "I have a letter for you from GComm"... Take a quick look and it's a payslip... Unfortunately there within was withheld the awful news... Anon was correct... We were not getting paid again until January 15, 2008.

This means that after all the waiting, all the trouble, and all the issues and most of our continual struggles to pay rent, we now have a 41 day wait from one pay to the next... I guess that is slightly better than the previous wait, which was either a 79 or 68 day wait depending on whether you were a trainer or not... And at least this time we are being promised a full paycheck... A FULL PAYCHECK!!! UNBELIEVABLE... Almost inconceivable until a few weeks ago... But 41 days is still a long time to wait... If they don't pay on the 15th, I will be the least happy man in Japan... My rent will be late now... Hope the real estate agent is OK with that...

Got a text message from a former coworker with 2 main details... Number 1, his new company sucks as they get paid less, work longer hours and they get no rest time... Like absolutely no break time in between lessons, and a 20-30 minute lunch break...

The other thing though was that he has not received any severance documents at all... He was quite concerned as expected... I explained that I had received the initial severance documents, but not the ones that we needed to apply for the past salaries (thanks Paul)... Has anyone else not received their initial paperwork? Are there any stranded people who can not apply for unemployment because they don't have the paperwork?? If you have time, leave a comment, let everyone know if you are OK regarding severance documents, money etc...

3 comments:

paulzdeli said...

You really have to hound them to get those documents. Once again, it's called a 離職票 (rishokuhyo). I've seen people who've applied for one back in October get theirs after people who've applied for one in November. If you have a job with G-Comm, they might not even bother so get on it as soon as possible. If necessary, fax or phone the trustees (see Nova homepage).
Q: If I don't like my job and want to use my Nova rishokuhyo to claim unemployment, can I?
A: You're not supposed to but I was told by someone in the ECC branch of the GU that it has been done. Your rishokuhyo is valid for .........(can't remember, sorry) 6 months?

Big Man in Japan said...

Thanks Paul... Once again coming through with the info when we are in need... I appreciate it... Check my latest post for updates regarding these rishokuhyos...

Unknown said...

I realize that nothing is fair but I'm still trying. I just want to do my best and what is possible
povaup